Fuerza Bruta is an Argentinean-founded spectacular created by artistic director Diqui James and musical director Gaby Kerpel, the same creators of De La Guarda. Fuerza Bruta premiered in Buenos Aires in 2005 and has been seen around the world including in London, Lisbon, Buenos Aires, Puerto Rico and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Wayra, the third event in the De La Guarda trilogy, has set new dates at the Daryl Roth Theatre from those previously reported. The production will now begin previews on June 27 and officially open off-Broadway on July 8. Wayra brings back to life the hit off-Broadway show Fuerza Bruta, which previously played over 2,000 performances at the Daryl Roth, ending its run on January 5 of this year. With newly designed set and scenes, the multi sensory show has fast paced and upbeat live music, on-stage musicians and aerial displays. Related Shows View Comments Fuerza Bruta Show Closed This production ended its run on Aug. 28, 2016
‘Nothing has changed’Instead, the caseload has ballooned as the government has struggled to convince people of the seriousness of the disease sweeping the globe, and the need to stay home and avoid large gatherings.Streets, markets and mosques are bustling in Mogadishu, weeks after the first Somalis tested positive for COVID-19.Police on patrol use megaphones to urge bystanders to keep their distance, and posters in the streets carry government advice about the disease, but few pay attention.”Nothing’s changed here. We can still visit others, and go anywhere we want,” said Ali Moallim Nur, shrugging off the health advice on a Mogadishu street.A curfew has proved fruitless in the capital — especially so during Ramadan, a time when Somalis visit each other’s homes in the evening to break their fast together, and pray even more than usual.Some idling at restaurants and cafes have been told to move on but police in the Muslim-majority country are reluctant to target the devout, or punish mosques that remain open for evening prayers, despite the blatant breach of curfew.”Can you imagine, it is Ramadan, and you are asked not to go to the mosque?” said Abdullahi in disbelief.”Ramadan is all about devotion to Allah and going to his house for prayer. I still perform the prayers, and I understand there is COVID-19, but we pray God will save us from this disease.” Adan Abdullahi knows that visiting the mosque for evening prayers is forbidden. There is a curfew in place in the Somali capital, and authorities have pleaded with worshippers to stay home as coronavirus infections rise.But it is the holy month of Ramadan — one coinciding with a deadly outbreak that has officially claimed 39 lives but likely hundreds more in under-resourced Somalia — and Abdullahi can think of no better time for faith, so refuses to follow the rule.”When disaster strikes, you go to the mosque and pray so that Allah solves your predicament,” the 42-year-old father-of three told AFP in Mogadishu. “We are seeing widespread community transmission in a country that will not be able to handle a multitude of severely ill patients at once,” said Richard Crothers, country director for the International Rescue Committee.People with COVID-19 symptoms were being told to stay home to free up what scant hospital resources are available for the seriously ill, further suggesting the official count was off, Crothers added.The World Health Organization warned on April 23 that unless the rate of transmission slowed rapidly, Somalia’s parlous health care system would quickly be swamped. Topics : Unexplained deaths But in Barakat, a Mogadishu suburb, cemetery worker Ali Maow said the number of burials doubled in April, with sometimes 25 bodies arriving on a single day.”Before this coronavirus, it was maybe 10 or 12 a day — you can see the increase. I can’t say if they died because of the virus, but most are elderly,” he said. Islamic tradition dictates burials should occur within hours of death, making autopsies and other medical testing more difficult.Mayor Mohamud said as many as 500 unexplained deaths occurred between April 19 and April 29 in Mogadishu, an anomaly city authorities suspect, but cannot prove, is linked to coronavirus.Authorities must also contend with a stigma rife in Somalia that views those wearing face masks in public with suspicion and hostility.”Hardly anyone is wearing face masks. Those that do are harassed, and called ‘Mr Coronavirus’, said Abdirahman Mohamed Jimale, a 22-year-old Mogadishu resident.”They say ‘you’re sick, get away from me’.”Mohamed Sharif, a chauffeur for an international agency, said he had to wear a face mask at work, but found people outright avoided him or even ran away in his presence.”People are very ignorant [of the disease] here, and that is why most of them are sick without knowing it,” he said. But elsewhere in the city, as containment measures are ignored or half-heartedly enforced, graves are furiously being dug to accommodate a spike in unexplained deaths.Known cases of coronavirus have jumped 14-fold since mid April to 873 but government officials suspect the true toll is vastly higher due to a lack of testing. “We lack sufficient testing capabilities for people who are sick” and the doctors, nurses and medical personnel to man the hospitals and labs, said Mogadishu mayor Omar Mohamud.Humanitarian agencies fear the fragile state, already confronting an armed insurgency, a record locust invasion and heavy flooding, will not cope should the virus spiral further.
He also competed in the National Youth Games held in Abuja is 2013 and the Korater Boxing Championship in the same year where he became the overall winner. Oyakojo was among the boxers who represented Nigeria at the 2nd Africa Youth Games held in Gaborone, Botswana in 2014 as well as AIBA World Youth Olympics Qualification in Sofia, Bulgaria in the same year. In 2015, he partook in the 1st Kenneth Minimah National Open Boxing Championship (male & female) which was held at the National Stadium, Lagos between 29th of June and 4th July. Read AlsoAnthony Joshua: I won’t let fame change me He was at the National Open Boxing Championship in 2017 at Brai Ayonote Boxing Complex Gym, Lagos where he was awarded the male (56kg) Bantam wt. Bronze medal. He was equally a strong contender at the Champion of the Champions Boxing Tournament held in 2018 in Lagos. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?12 Flicks That Almost Ended Their Stars’ CareersThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World5 Reasons Why The Black Widow Solo Movie Will Be Awesome10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love WithBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Actors Who Had Ridiculous Reasons For Quitting A Role Young Nigerian boxer Oyakojo Muyideen Ojo looks set to honour a life changing 5-year contract in San Antonio, Texas, in a post Covid-19 arrangement. Indications to this effect emerged recently as registered Nigerian sports and entertainment outfit Bullion Go-Neat Global Limited, announced her readiness to sponsor the ambitious boxer. The Company’s CEO, Olufemi Ajadi Oguntoyinbo, said the arrangement to support the 5.1FT, 56 weight boxer was sealed on 1st of June at the company’s headquarters, Ibafo, Ogun State. Oguntoyinbo revealed that he will personally accompany Oyakojo as a sponsor to cement the contract with the Texas based ‘Team Hit Squad’, noting that he is full of potentials and needs to be supported to realise his dream. Oyakojo has participated in several boxing events in Nigeria and abroad including the Ogun State Grassroots Games in 2012 and the 18th National Sports Festival, “Eko 2012” respectively. Ambitious Oyakojo Muyideen Ojo set to seal life changing boxing contractAdvertisement Loading…
Standard Chartered Bank has announced that football legend and Ivorian icon, Didier Drogba, will be endorsing the Bankâ€™s first digital bank in Africa as its â€˜Digital Bank Ambassadorâ€™.As part of this role, the former Chelsea star will be promoting the digital bank inÂ CÃ´te d’Ivoire, set to disrupt the traditional banking sector in the nation.Drogba will lend his voice and image rights through a series of marketing and community engagement activities over the next 12 months as part of the campaign.Â He also becomes the first person in CÃ´te dâ€™Ivoire to open a fully digital account at Standard Chartered Bank. Set to launch in Abidjan, CÃ´te d’Ivoire onÂ March 14, 2018, Standard Charteredâ€™s first and fully digital retail bank in West Africa marks an important milestone in the Bankâ€™s path towards innovation and has been designed with continuous feedback from its clients.Commenting on the new collaboration, Regional CEO, Africa & Middle East, Sunil Kaushal, said:Â â€œWe are thrilled to be working with Didier Drogba to launch our first digital bank. Drogba is an inspiration, not only due to his athletic excellence, but also for his generosity and commitment to giving back to his fellow Ivorians.Drogbaâ€™s priorities and ideals are very much in line with the bank, making him an ideal partner for this momentous new offering.Â The launch of our digital bank in CÃ´te d’Ivoire is an important chapter in our developing turnaround story for the region.Â Going digital also means progression, not just for our business, but also for our clients, and we look forward to revealing details of our first-ever digital bank very soonâ€.Regional Head of Corporate Affairs and Brand and Marketing, Africa and Middle East, Olga Arara Kimani, said:Â â€œDidier Drogba was the natural choice for us to launch this exciting, truly digital bank. He is a hero and a role model in CÃ´te d’Ivoire and has always demonstrated his strong emotional ties to his home country. This partnership opens up a great opportunity tocontribute to the social and economic wellbeing of the country where we have been operating since 2001.Â The campaign which Drogba will spearhead aims at not only raising awareness for our innovative digital offering but also at further enhancing financial literacy across the country, and this is an exceptionally important undertaking for the future ofÂ CÃ´te d’Ivoire.â€Speaking on his new endorsement, Drogba said:Â â€œI am excited to be working with Standard Chartered Bank and honoured to be chosen to support their efforts to enhance accessibility to banking services for the people of my country.â€œThis is an initiative which I am truly proud to be a part of, as the cause is close to my heart. I am also looking forward to spending more quality time inÂ CÃ´te d’IvoireÂ and getting involved in a cause that is of high importance to the local community. I am truly grateful for this opportunity and canâ€™t wait to engage with my fans on social media to spread the word.â€Chief Executive Officer, CÃ´te d’Ivoire, Isaac Foly, said:Â â€œNot only am I thrilled to be working with Didier Drogba on behalf of Standard Chartered Bank, I am thrilled to be working with him as a fellow Ivorian. Drogba represents the true values and ideals of our great country and has truly been a role model for the young population of CÃ´te d’Ivoire. We look forward to working with Drogba to help increase access to financial services across the country. Throughout his career, he has never forgotten where he came from and always made his fellow Ivorians proud. This, indeed, makes him the perfect partner for this launch.â€ThroughÂ the launch of the digital bank, Standard Chartered Bank and Drogba hope to bridge the gap between the traditional banking model and the new, digital savvy generation in CÃ´te d’Ivoire, aiming to make banking services simple, more accessible and convenient.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram