South Korea Coach Shin Tae-yong has stressed that Son Heung-min needs to overcome his status as a marked man after an impressive season for Tottenham Hotspur if he is to establish himself among the game’s elite at the World Cup in Russia.Son has emerged as a leading light of Asian football since moving to Tottenham from Bayer Leverkusen in 2015, becoming an integral part of Mauricio Pochettino’s exciting and dynamic team over the last three seasons.The 25-year-old scored 12 times in 27 starts for Spurs in the past season as the north London club finished third in the Premier League, however Son has yet to make a similar impact for his country. And Shin believes the former Hamburg SV winger has become a victim of his own success.“He’s done well with Tottenham and he’s one of our best attacking options,” Shin told Reuters.“He enhances our team totally with his attacking ability.“Honestly speaking, when he plays for Tottenham, Son Heung-min has great attacking partners like Harry Kane and Dele Alli and there’s a synergy between them when they play.“In our team, Son’s partners are maybe at a little bit of a lower level and that makes it a little bit harder for him to show his ability when he plays for the national team.”Son is the main attraction of a Korean side that will travel to the World Cup hoping to secure a place in the knockout phase of the competition for only the third time in the country’s history.The Koreans have appeared at every World Cup since 1986 and reached the semifinals on home soil in 2002, the first time the country had progressed beyond the group phase.They qualified for the last 16 in 2010, losing against Uruguay to a late Luis Suarez goal, before being eliminated in the group phase in Brazil four years ago. Sights are being set once more on securing a place in the second round in Russia.Drawn to play Sweden, Mexico and defending champions Germany, the task facing Shin and his team appears daunting.For the former Seongnam Ilhwa coach, who steered the club to the Asian Champions League title in 2010 and will be making his World Cup debut on the sidelines, Son needs to step up to the challenge facing him in Eastern Europe.“Son still plays well for the national team, but when he plays for Tottenham there are many good players and opposing defences are not only focusing on him,” he said.“But when he plays for the national team, the opposition focuses on defending against Son Heung-min. Sometimes he has struggled to overcome that but now I think he’s doing well.“But to become a big player, he has to overcome that barrier.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Tag: 夜上海论坛SH No more activity from Kick ’em Jenny
Kick ’em Jenny In its final advisory on the activity at the volcano which began erupting last weekend, Grenada’s National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) said there had been no more earthquakes since just after midnight on Tuesday, and “this episode appears to be over”.“However, as noted in previous updates, the pattern of behaviour at the…volcano has been changing and another episode of activity in the short-term should not be ruled out,” the agency added, noting that it continues to collaborate with the Seismic Research Centre (SRC) at the University of the West Indies’ St. Augustine Campus to monitor activities.As a precautionary measure NaDMA has maintained the alert level at yellow, which means that vessels should observe a 1.5 km/0.93 mile exclusion zone.“The marine community is advised to continue observing the secondary exclusion zone of 5 km/3.1 miles. The SRC has advised that heightened alert is necessary for the exclusion zone,” NaDMA stated.The first eruption at the region’s only submarine volcano – which is located about five miles north of Grenada – occurred last Saturday evening, with reports of it being felt in St Patrick’s, Grenada.Scores of mostly low-magnitude quakes were subsequently recorded.
Troubled Hearts of Oak midfielder Laryea Kingston will issue an apology to the club as he seeks to make a return after several bust-ups, the club’s official newspaper has claimed.The 32-year-old made a formal request to the club for his contract to be terminated last month due to disagreements with the hierarchy of the Accra giants.Kingston has endured a difficult time since making the switch to join his boyhood club last year with many off-the-field incidents characterizing his stay.The former Heart of Midlothian player was slapped with a one-month ban for his violent conduct against the club’s accountant, Hackman Aidoo.The midfielder went bonkers when the official handed him a letter containing management’s decision to withhold his salary for truancy.Kingston went berserk with insults aimed at the accountant before dishing out some ‘dirty’ slaps to the club official for delivering the letter to him. His latest behaviour was the final straw that broke the camel’s back resulting in the club ostracizing him.The former Ghana international clashed with Hearts’ former coach CK Akunnor earlier this season before he was slapped with his first indefinite suspension of the season.The club’s official newspaper Hearts News, claimed on Friday, that Kingston has shown remorse and is ready to apologize to the club’s hierarchy and their teeming supporters so as to allow him stage a comeback into the team.It is however unclear if he will fit into the plans of coach David Duncan who is on a rebuilding mission at the club.The Phobians have been impressive in the second half of the season where they have gone unbeaten in five matches.